Species360 is excited to announce the evolution of our Species360 Research Partner Program into Species360 Insights. This subscription-based program empowers researchers and veterinarians with access to one of the world’s largest sets of data on species.
By providing aggregated data and analytics not found anywhere else, Species360 Insights is a leap forward in advancing species knowledge. Subscribers gain access to an extensive reservoir of insights gathered from renowned zoological organizations across the globe.
Additionally, the relaunch of the program now includes access to Survival, Reproduction and Growth reports for over 1,000 mammal species, with additional taxa soon to be added to the program. These reports provide species-specific information and analytics not found anywhere else.
“Species360’s mission is to advance knowledge about species, and the Species360 Insights program plays an important role in fulfilling this mission by providing researchers and veterinarians with access to in-depth species data, which can help inform the care and conservation of species. This program would not be possible without the invaluable data contributions made by Species360 members worldwide, and we are immensely grateful to our members and the data they collect and curate.”Jim Guenter, Species360 CEO
Who is the Species360 Insights program for:
The Insights program is relevant to veterinarians, researchers, demographers, conservationists, universities, and more. Current subscribers include the University of Chicago’s Department of Ecology and Evolution, which uses aggregated ZIMS data to study immunology in mammals, and the Human Evolutionary Biology Department at Harvard University, which studies the connections between genotype and phenotype in mammals.
What is Included:
The Species360 Insights subscription provides access to aggregated species data contained in the Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS). Through a Species360 Insights subscription, users can access aggregated data on:
Global Veterinary Medical Resources
- Anesthesia summaries (provide users with a species-level summary of the drugs and dosages used by Species360 member institutions to induce anesthesia and the associated complications for each protocol).
- Drug usage extract (provides users with a summary, organized by taxon, of the drugs, dosages, administration routes, dosing frequency, prescription duration, and adverse effects as recorded by Species360 member institutions in their prescription records.)
- Expected test results (Provides reference intervals for common diagnostic tests for species and subspecies, calculated from the Test and Results records entered by member institutions. This information supports the appropriate interpretation of diagnostic test results).
Global Demographic Information
- Animal charts (a set of graphs in ZIMS that display information from specific data sets. There are six different charts, each revealing different information on more than 13 million individual animals, including: Taxonomy charts, which graph the number of animal types both historically and current across the entire ZIMS database, or IUCN at Risk% which graphs the number of Animals or Species across the ZIMS database that IUCN considers to be At Risk ).
- Pedigree explorer (family history for an animal).
- Species event history (a report that visualizes the ZIMS history of a species, including the number and location of births and the number and location of animal moves).
- Species holdings (total number of individuals of a species found at Species360 member institutions worldwide).
- Population overview (overview of the state of the animal population within ZIMS, including key metrics on genetics and demographics, and indicators of the underlying data quality).
- Age distribution (a graphic display of the sexes and ages of the selected species).
- Weight comparison report (displays average weights for a specific species based on individual weights recorded in ZIMS).
- Taxon Advisory Group (TAG) Export. (This resource offers current physical holdings of Species360 member institutions in a downloadable spreadsheet. It includes an array of information including number of births, IUCN status, CITES listings and much more as well as an IUCN status summary. The data can be filtered to view by: Global, Continent, Country, Association and the reported holdings and births within the last 12 months can be reviewed in a mapped visualization. It is intended to help support strategic collection planning, such as that done by various Association TAGs).
- Global Studbook Search Tool (search for animals that are actively managed in a conservation breeding program in ZIMS).
- Survival, Reproduction and Growth reports for 1000s of mammal species. These reports provide unparalleled insights into survival probability, remaining life expectancy, reproduction including birth seasonality, average number of offspring per age and sex, as well as observed reproductive lifespan and birth seasonality, and growth trends showing weights by age.
Through Species360 Insights, you can access advanced tools and analytics designed to streamline your analysis and interpretation of species data. Make well-informed decisions backed by comprehensive species information not found anywhere else.
Insights Access for Species360 Members:
Species360 members have access to Insights as part of their Species360 Membership. Members can assign the ‘Insights’ role under Husbandry and Medical to any staff they wish to grant Insights access.
To help users navigate the Insights program, we are pleased to offer a free Insights course on the Nature Conservancy Conservation Training website, which explains in greater detail how to access and interpret the data in the Insights course. The easy-to-follow course will take you step-by-step through navigating ZIMS and accessing the data you need.
Subscribe today and unlock the world of species insights that await you!
For more information on Species360 Insights and to subscribe, please contact the Species360 support team at email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website here.